Friday, October 1, 2010

Kitchen Table


So, right when I moved into my new house I picked this baby up at a yard sale for 20 buckaroos. The chairs were in terrible condition and needed to be reupholstered, but 20 bucks for a 1958 formica dinette was just too good to pass.

I am usually a very comitted gal and I loved the table dearly, but I just couldn't help myself from having a wandering eye. When I stumbled across an ad for a "retro table" on Craigslist in a nearby town I knew that I had to check it out. The photos weren't that good, but I could already feel the strong connection between the table and I.

I drove 45 minutes with my good friend Jenn to check the table out and as soon as I saw it I knew that it was love at first sight. I seriously got emotional because it was the most beautiful table I'd ever seen.



This is my new love ... say hello! She has original vinyl and my boyfriend cleaned what little rust that she had off of her legs. Looks brand spankin' new, especially for a gal that is approaching 60 years of age.

The table was was purchased by the mother of the woman who was selling it. Her husband only wanted new things in their home and said that this outdated table had to go. *swoops*





A blemish free cracked ice table top.














I bought this step stool at Goodwill for 10 dollars, so that my table can have a matching friend in the house. Isn't it a cutie?














Oh, and don't worry about my last table. I sold her to a nice lady from Craigslist and they hit it off right away. Happy endings all around!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! The first set of chairs looked cute! Too bad they were in poor condition! The second set looks amazing! I love the red color on the chairs and the table's surface looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to come over and see your home. It seems to be coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I luuurve those stool/chairs.. and in that color is hardcore radical.

    ReplyDelete