Saturday, October 2, 2010

It was a graveyard smash!

I am getting jealous of the Halloween decorations that all you lovely bloggers are putting up. I've made it a goal to collect more while I'm out thrifting/ yard sailing. Since I don't have cool retro decorations, I thought I'd talk about one of my favorite things about Halloween.

Of course, I just love Bobby Boris Pickett's "Monster Mash". I was just about the only kid on the block who prefered doo wop, 50's-60's music and rockabilly jams at the age of five. Both of my parents were into the Pachuco style, so of course I inherited their great taste in music. Given that ... Monster Mash was always an October hit in our record player.

I was listening to other covers (including Misfits) and there is nothing like the original. 'Tis the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment