Monday, September 20, 2010

I'm a hustler baby, I just want you to know ...

I have recently begun my side project of finding cheap mid-century furniture and other goodies at yard sales/ thrift stores and selling them to people on Craigslist. It has been pretty fun and successful so far. Yesterday I picked up six Danish chairs for $15 (that are in need of some serious work) and immediately listed them on Craigslist for $125. I have five people interested in paying full price for all six chairs - broken and all. It is nuts!

Here are some photos:







































5 comments:

  1. dddaaaaaaaamn. They look amazing, what the dealio? They need refinishing or just some love?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what that means....... you priced them too cheap! I learned that from Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They need a lot of work, actually. Reupholstering, refinishing, and two of the chairs have broken wood.

    All can be fixed, but I had no time to give them the love that they needed. I had no idea that people would want them that badly either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen - I thought that right after I got the first six e-mails. Ugh! Oh well, I can't really be greedy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why they want them - those are pretty iconic Danish chairs!

    ReplyDelete