Monday, August 30, 2010

recent kitchenware finds

This was a house warming gift from my old neighbor Jeff. I'm not sure when it was made, but I think that it is so freakin' adorable! It was left in the house that he purchased from a little old lady that had lived there for 30+ years.















I found this Pyrex dish for five bucks at an estate sale not too long ago. It came with a darling stand to warm up whatever you prepared. I don't know too much about vintage Pyrex or serial numbers, but I just love this color.
















On Saturday I met this really awesome guy that was also a collector. He was a having a yard sale for all of the things that he hadn't been able to sell on EBay and I bet he racked in the dough. We chatted a bit and he invited me in to show me all of the awesome furniture that he and his partner had found at flea markets, yard sales, etc. They seriously have a great eye! Anyway, while in his house I saw this cute dish and he said he really didn't want it anymore and sold it to me for $2. It is going to look great on a coffee table (if I can ever afford one). :)






















I found a bowl, and two plates in this pattern for 50 cents total. It matches a recent Goodwill find of the cups and saucers. The brand is Taylor Smith and Taylor and the I've seen the design called "Jamaica Bay" and "Cathay". If you know the difference, please share.





















Patrick and I drove to Placerville yesterday and stopped at some yard sales. I found this for 50 cents. I'm not sure what I am going to do with it. Maybe use it for lemonade? Iced tea? The possibilities are endless.







No comments:

Post a Comment